[Fashion] Make A Statement


Make a statement with bold shoulders this season. The new fierce silhouette has been dominating the spring and summer fashion scenes. Don't worry, this look can be sophisticated and fresh! Take some notes from these fashionable ladies:


My one complaint is that I don't feel this trend has trickled down to the masses. I've spotted some great strong-shouldered frocks, but who can afford a dress or a jacket that costs thousands of dollars? My suggestion would be to scour your local thrift and vintage stores for affordable finds. Make sure to look for a softer "bold" shoulder, as this look is not nearly as dramatic as it was in the 1980s!

Notice a recurring color in these photos? Opting for black or white seems to be the best way to incorporate this trend into your existing wardrobe. I suggest pairing the look down with jeans and neutral colors, to really draw the eye to your daring, modern frame.

Photos of Beyonce, Gwyneth Paltrow, Keira Knightley from Elle UK, Mary-Kate Olsen from The Insider.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love love these! And you just reminded me that I need to find a free Saturday to do some thrift store shopping:)